Part-time Ticket Office Staff (Seasonal)
Grade 2: £16,654 - £18,777 p.a. (pro rata)
We are looking for a seasonal member of staff for our Ticket Office to start as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for admitting all visitors, including school groups on a daily basis, issuing the appropriate tickets, selling merchandise and dealing with enquiries. You will also have responsibility for till reconciliation and maintaining the merchandise, opening and closing the sites, checking visitor facilities, maintaining signs and poster boards and checking leaflet stocks and also providing some administrative support to the general office.
Work will be on a seasonal rota pattern, during the months of March – October. You will be based at the Botanic Garden, but will also be required to work at the Harcourt Arboretum. You will work a minimum of 15 hours per week, more hours may be available in the peak seasons, and are expected to commit to at least one weekday and one weekend shift per week.
For more information about the Botanic Garden and Arboretum please visit: www.obga.ox.ac.uk
The closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on 30 May 2018. Interviews will be held on Friday 8 June 2018.
Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum staff enjoy a raft of benefits including free exhibition entry to most national museums and gardens and access to the incredible resources of Oxford University.
We asked our staff which benefits they most valued. Here they are listed in order of popularity:
- Shop discount of 20%
- Christmas party
- Lots of holiday (38 days, inclusive of public holidays and bank holidays, plus extra days for long service)
- Free access to colleges and Botanic Gardens with staff card
- Free entry to museums with our staff card (NMDC reciprocal agreement)
- Training courses; as part of Oxford University the Garden and Arboretum can offer a host of staff-development training opportunities through the Oxford Learning Institute (IT training is a particular favourite)
- Travel benefits, including discounted bus and train travel
- Bodleian card, which provides access to Oxford University’s fantastic libraries
- Good pension scheme
- Cycle scheme including discounts on purchasing a bicycle
- NUS membership
- Travel discounts including peak and off-peak parking permits
- Oxford University Press discounts (books)
- Sports club discounts (Oxford University & Oxford Brookes University)
- UNI days (OU activities)
Full benefits are available from the Oxford University staff handbook.