What has changed?
In the interest of public safety some of our Glasshouses and Herbarium Room will remain closed. Hand sanitiser dispensers are available on entry and exit and visitors are asked to respect social distancing markings when queueing. We also ask that our visitors adhere to social distancing once inside. Our toilet facilities are open to the public with additional cleaning and social distancing measures in place.
Update 15th July 2020
Some of our Glasshouses have reopened. At present some of the Glasshouses are not accessible for wheelchair users and buggies due to a one-way system in place to ensure social distancing. You can explore the Glasshouses virtually with our virtual visit.
Help us keep you safe
We need your help in following these rules so we can remain open and safe for everyone. Please respect social distancing guidance at all times. Unfortunately, if we see that the following rules are not being observed, we will have to take immediate action, including asking people to leave or closing entirely.
- You should not visit if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Keep 2m away from other people
- You are required to wear a face covering when inside any of our buildings, including the Glasshouses and Welcome Centre, unless you have a legitimate reason not to
- Regularly wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Check the NHS guidelines for more information
- Come prepared with your own hand sanitiser and tissues
- If you fall into one of the vulnerable groups then please postpone your visit until it is safe to do so
- Please refrain from approaching our horticultural and arboricultural teams whilst they work as they are social distancing and will therefore be unable to answer questions
Further information available on our FAQs page.
We have been awarded "we're good to go" status for our safety measures.
Still unable to visit?
We understand that not everybody has the opportunity to visit the Garden and Arboretum at the moment.
We will continue to share stories and images from our collections for you to enjoy from the safety of your home.