The Wild Weather Book Competition!
To celebrate the launch of “The Wild Weather Book”, the University of Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum are running a competition to find out what our visitors like to do in the great outdoors. We have 3 copies of the book to give away for the top 3 entries. The top 10 entries will have their outdoor activity ideas published on our websites (www.botanic-garden.ox.ac.uk; www.harcourt-arboretum.ox.ac.uk).
How to enter
- To enter the competition, please complete the entry form, available here.
- On the entry form, you are required to include a paragraph of no more than 100 words describing your activity.
- Please include a photograph of no more than 3 Mb in JPEG format which illustrates your activity.
- E mail your entry form (in .doc .docx or .pdf format) along with your photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The competition is open to everyone except professional photographers.
- Entrants may enter up to a maximum of 3 times, with 3 different photographs and activities.
- Entrants must complete the entry form, which must accompany all entries to the competition.
- Staff members of the Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum and their families may not enter.
Terms and conditions
- By submitting an entry to the competition, you declare that the photograph and text you submit is your own. You agree that the photograph you submit and your contact details may be kept in the University Photographic Library and database, may be placed on the University website, and may also be passed on to third parties for use in other bona fide publications. Under the Data Protection Act 1988, the photographs constitute personal data, and as such will be kept in accordance with the provisions of that Act.
- All submissions must be new and unpublished, and must not have been entered into any other photographic competitions.
- Complete entries should be submitted to email@example.com.
- All entries must be received by 5 pm on Friday 25th October 2013.
- Entries will be judged by members of staff at the Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum. Judging will be anonymous. The judges’ decision is final.
- Winners will be notified by e mail by Friday 1st November 2013.
- The top 3 entrants will be able to collect their copies of “The Wild Weather Book” from the ticket office at the Botanic Garden from Monday 4th November 2013.
- Winning entries will be listed on the Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum websites from November 2013. The University of Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum reserve the right to edit the text which accompanies the photographs.
Please find a printable version of the competition information here.