Friends provide vital support to the Garden and Arboretum and membership also offers a wide range of benefits and opportunities. All Friends enjoy:
- Free entry to the Garden and Arboretum.
- A 10% discount in our shops.
- Free entry to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew & Wakehurst Place; The Royal Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh, Benmore, Dawyck & Logan; The National Botanic Garden of Wales; Birmingham Botanical Gardens; and The University of Liverpool's Ness Botanic Garden.
- NEW!! From April 2014 Friends have free entry to the Chelsea Physic Garden (right).
- Throughout APRIL 2014 Friends can bring a companion to the Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum for free, every day. If your companion(s) sign up to become members of the Friends of the Garden & Arboretum, you will receive a £5 voucher as a ‘thank you’, to be redeemed against tickets for Friends’ events and visits, or the Garden and Arboretum’s Public Education Programme.
- A programme of exclusive garden visits, tours and events.
- Regular coffee mornings and tours led by members of staff.
- Special volunteering opportunities.
- A newsletter published three times a year.
- A regular electronic bulletin with up-to-date news of Friends' events and of what's happening at the Garden and Arboretum.
- Priority booking for the Garden and Arboretum’s Public Education Programme.
To join the Friends, click here.
The Bobarts Group
This level of membership is an opportunity to provide extra support to the Garden and Arboretum and to enjoy additional benefits, including private previews of art exhibitions at the Botanic Garden and exclusive small group visits to outstanding private gardens and collections.
To find out more about the Bobarts, click here.
Members of the Bobarts Group on a private visit
to the gardens at Sydenhams in Gloucestershire, June 2012