Harcourt Arboretum is part of the University of Oxford Botanic Garden. It is situated 6 miles south of Oxford, and its 130 acres host a range of habitats including woods and a wildflower meadow. A visit to the Harcourt Arboretum is an ideal opportunity for children to engage with the natural environment. All our sessions are held outside and include a variety of hands-on activities, such as art and craft with natural materials, games, challenges and group discussions.
- The Arboretum offers a range of sessions to enhance the curriculum for Foundation Stage and Key Stages 1 and 2.
- Sessions for Nursery groups are also available. Please contact us for details.
- Each session runs for one and a half to two hours and has a maximum capacity of 35 children.
- Please note that there is now a charge for all education sessions. Please download this document for information about charges.
- Our sessions fill up quickly, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Terms 1 and 2 - Schools programme for Foundation Stage and Key Stages 1 and 2
Terms 3 and 4 - Outreach programme for Foundation Stage and Key Stages 1 and 2
Term 5 and 6 - Schools programme for Foundation Stage and Key Stages 1 and 2
Programme for Nursery groups
How to book
Most of our school sessions can be adapted for a younger age group. If you are interested in making a booking for one of our school sessions, or would like further information about our school programme, please contact:
Education and Outreach Officer
University of Oxford Harcourt Arboretum
Tel: 01865 343501