Get Ready for Gardening! Under 5s event
We had a lovely morning with our Under 5s audience, having a go at a range of gardening activities:
- Have fun digging in our toddler-friendly soil and see if you can make some compost castles (just like sand castles, but made out of soil using plant pots instead of beach buckets)!
- Decorate a pot and sow some nasturtium seeds to take home and grow over the summer.
- Pot-on a sunflower seedling and take it home - can you help it grow into a giant sunflower?
- Make your own gardening tools out of cardboard!
- Take a look at our sprouting seeds, to see how seeds start to grow into seedlings.
- Listen to the gardening stories.
What you said:
Thank you for a lovely morning. We liked filling the pots with soil and colouring the labels.
Sunny day, good group of children playing happily. Isabel 17 months planted a nasturtium seed!
Our peas from the last session have all germinated and are looking forward to growing with a pumpkin over the summer. I especially liked the sprouting seed activity as it has potential for age-differentiated activities and I plan to crib it! The children loved digging, planting and watering. Fab Peter Rabbit story for 3 year olds.
Thank you! We enjoyed ourselves very much.
I liked watering, Tegan 2 1/2
This was a UN International Day of Families celebration.