This family friendly event was aimed to encourage and inspire children and adults to grow vegetables and flowers in their garden this year, through a wide selection of activities to try. The event coincided with the run-up to National Gardening Week (15th - 21st April 2013).
- Making biodegradable plant pots from newspaper
- Sowing pea seeds and sunflower seeds
- Making vegetable and fruit inspired badges
- An outdoor trail on the hunt for signs of spring (aimed at 3-7 year olds)
- Trying out a range of games, including the veggie matching game, and an Archimboldo vegetable hunt
Feedback from participants
- I liked it because I got to design funny labels with my best friend!
- Thought the events were fantastic. All enjoyed the trails and really loved the sowing event!
- We came especially…[My children] loved planting sunflowers and creating badges. Thank you, really well pitched activities and very very friendly helpers.